Citizens of the following states, holders of all types of passports, do not need visas for the entry on the territory of the Republic of Moldova for a period of stay until 90 days, during 6 months from the date of the first entry:
- Member states of the European Union - Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czechia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Holland, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden;
- Canada, Georgia, Holy See, Iceland, Japan, Andorra, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Norway, San Marino, Israel, Swiss Confederation, USA, Georgia;
- CIS member states: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
Holders of the UN Laissez-Passer passports issued by UN and its specialized agencies do not need visas for entering Moldova.
Holders of the diplomatic and service passports, who are citizens of the following states do not need visas for the entry on the territory of the Republic of Moldova for the period up to 90 days during 6 months from the date of the first entry:
- Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Vietnam.
Holders of the diplomatic and service passports, who are citizens of the following states, do not need visas for entering Moldova for a period up to 30 days:
- China, Iran, Turkmenistan.
Staff of diplomatic and consular missions accredited to the Republic of Moldova and family members, staff of the permanent missions and representative offices of the international organizations located in Moldova and family members, foreign mass-media representatives accredited to Moldova holders of accreditation cards issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Integration are entitled to enter Moldova without visa during the card validity.
The following categories of Turkmenistan citizens do not need visa for entering Moldova:
- members of the aircraft crew of the civil aviation, holders of national valid passports, having the required inscription into the general statement (air mission);
- members of the crew of the river and maritime ships, holders of valid sailor passports and having required inscription into the logbook or an extract of it;
- railway members, members of train, refrigerator and locomotive crews in international trains, holders of national valid passports, having nominal lists, roadmaps, approved for each route;
- special couriers, which facilitate intergovernmental communication, holders of national valid passports and having required documents issued by the competent authorities of the Turkmenistan.
From 24th of December 2010, foreign citizens, holders of valid permanent residence permits, issued by the authorities of Moldova, are exempted from the visa requirement.
In order to apply for visa, applicants should provide if appropriate, following documents:
- Passport with at least 2 empty pages (valid at least 3 months from the date of entry / issued in the last 10 years / undamaged and with no unofficial inscriptions)
- Invitation in original issued by the Migration and Asylum Bureau of the Moldovan Interior Minister (invited by company or private person / does not apply to foreigners holding a residence permit or valid visa (excluding transit) issued by an EU or Schengen Agreement member state, if the validity of the visa corresponds to the period of the requested visa)
- Medical insurance valid for Moldova (minimum coverage of 30000 euro / only for C and D visas)
- Completed and duly signed visa application form (printed or written in block letters / for persons included in passport separately visa application form needed / visa application form for minors should be signed by the legal representative).
Fax paper forms not accepted
- Statement of the applicant’s Bank account (300 euro minimum account)
- 1 recent passport type, color photo 3,5 cm x 4,5 cm
- Employment certificate
- Marriage and Birth certificates (in case of minors)
- Documents relating to accommodation (hotel reservation, etc)
- Documents indicating mode of transport used (flying ticket, etc.)
- Other documents justifying purpose of the journey
1. Embassy official may request other documents unspecified in the list above. 2. Visa application is examined in up to 10 days. In individual cases, this period may be extended up to 20 days. If applicant submits visa application being in transit through Israel and presenting confirmative documents, visa may be issued in 48 hours. 3. In case of refuse of visa issuance, the visa fee is not refunded. 4. Visa application may be submitted by mail (Embassy is not responsible for loss or damage of documents as a result of the fault of service provider) for persons residing in states where Moldova has no diplomatic or consular mission. 5. Subjects clarifying different visa aspects should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.